It’s Spring time and that means that many homes are coming on the market each and every day. While you may be hard-pressed to get everything done you’d like to before you have a showing, there are a few things you should really make time for before you head out the door and a prospective buyer walks in.
- Make the entryway welcoming. Sweep off your front steps. Maybe fill a planter with fresh flowers? Remove any shoes or jackets that may clutter the way.
- Remove personal items. Sure, the kids’ school work and photos are adorable for you, but sadly, they can make it difficult for a prospective home owner to think of it as their own. Please don’t throw them away, just put them away so they don’t take away from your home’s appeal.
- Clean, clean, clean! While it may seem obvious, it’s those little areas you may forget. Toothpaste on the sink, crumbs on the table, dishes in the drying rack, and even the trash. Clean them up and empty it! Also, be sure to put away all those little things that belong to Fido and Tiger. Any signs of a pet could discourage a potential owner.
- Fresh towels in the bathroom. It may be the last thing on your mind, but believe it or not, if you can make your bathroom “feel” like a day at the spa, that’s a sure win with those coming in to check out your home.
- Smells of home. While you may love the new fresh lilac scented candle you bought at the store. Shut it down and err on the side of some of the smells that remind you of home. Candles and air fresheners can make it seem like you’re hiding something. Maybe it is homemade chocolate chip cookies, bread, coffee or maybe even apple pie — whatever those smells are that make you feel warm and cozy, share it on that day.
So, what’s the bottom line? Don’t stress about it. You can’t please everyone, but you can do is some of these little things that will help others feel like your home could be there’s! Why not make it seem like their Home Sweet Home?
Coco, Early & Associates held the Annual Awards Breakfast at the Atkinson Country Club on March 1. The event celebrated the year’s record-breaking achievements and its leading agents. The most impressive statistic shared was that while the goal for the year was to sell 2,000 homes, the reality was that 2,031 homes were sold in 2015, the highest ever for the firm since its inception in 1997.
“We are beyond thrilled with the teamwork, passion and drive that our agents displayed in 2015,” stated Blaise Coco, chief executive officer at Coco, Early & Associates. “This achievement just sets the bar that much higher for 2016.”
“The success did not happen just by chance,” said Linda Early, president of Coco, Early & Associates. “All the agents worked together to achieve this incredible milestone. We are all appreciative of your time and commitment to our company.”
While many achievements were recognized, of most significance were the Agent of the Year, Rookie of the Year, Top First-Year Associate and all of the 2016 President’s Circle Award Recipients.
Construction is almost complete on their 12th Coco, Early & Associates’ office in Portsmouth, NH. It is scheduled to open this Spring.
Coco, Early & Associates is the area’s largest independent real estate company in the markets that it serves. With an established professional partnership with Leading RE and Luxury Portfolio, the company offers clients an unmatched marketing capability around the world both in print and online. Each day, agents sell an average of five homes! Agents in the company have the opportunity to participate in industry renowned courses that utilize the most current technologies. Additional information can be found online at www.cocoearly.com.
Easter Egg Hunts are an age-old tradition that are enjoyed by friends young and old.
Living in the areas we do, we’re fortunate to have many outdoor opportunities for fun all around us — in particular, Easter Egg Hunts! As the spring weather teases us more each and every day, here is a list of some of the spots that are the most fun to enjoy this special treat!
- March 16: Tewksbury, MA — Bunny Hop Party & Parade
- March 19: Windham, NH — Annual Easter Egg Hunt (sponsored by Coco, Early & Associates, Windham Office)
- March 19: Merrimack, MA — Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- March 25: Plaistow, NH — Toddler Easter Egg Hunt
- March 26: Plaistow, NH — Town-wide Easter Egg Hunt
- March 26: Salem, NH — Eggs in the Park
- March 26: Bedford, NH — Easter Egg Hunt Festival
- March 26: Pelham, NH — Easter Egg Hunt at Town Hall / Village Green
- March 26: Epping, NH — Easter Egg Hunt
- March 19, 20 & 26: Candia, NH — Eggs-citing Egg Hunt at Charmingfare Farm
While your town or neighborhood may not be noted, visiting these areas are all wonderful opportunities to explore the region you call home!
We are happy to announce this year’s Coco, Early & Associates’ Scholarship Lottery Winners:
- Lena (Methuen, MA)
- Kaitlin (Windham, NH)
- Evan (Lowell, MA)
- Victoria (Haverhill, MA)
- Abigail (Methuen, MA)
- Ellalandra (Haverhill, MA)
- Siddhart (Windham, NH)
- John (Windham, NH)
- Jason (Derry, NH)
- Kathy (Groveland, MA)
Winners will be notified via phone this week.
These names were pulled from more than 5,000 entries at our HOME Show this weekend. A heartfelt thanks to all who entered and who attended our first-annual show. We are happy to report that almost 600 people attended. We already look forward to next year where we will be giving away a Kitchen Makeover!
#cocoearly #cocoearlyhomeshow #ceascholarship
Have you heard? This Saturday, we will be hosting our first-ever HOME Show at the Wyndham Hotel in Andover, MA! Not only that, at the show, we are announcing our 10 Scholarship Lottery Winners!
Be sure to join us — you won’t want to miss out! Scholarships will be drawn every hour, beginning at noon, until 4 p.m. A total of 10 Scholarship winners will be announced. In addition, guests will get a chance to win a 50″ flat-screen television.
At this one-of-a-kind event, more than 300 Coco, Early homes will be showcased. Maybe you’re in the market for a new home or maybe you’re thinking about putting one on the market? At the show, you’ll see just some of the ways that Coco, Early makes your home stand out among the rest.
In addition to homes being on display, there are also many vendors lined up to share the best-of-their best to all guests. Some of the area’s finest suppliers of kitchens, flooring, baths, HVAC, landscapers, builders, home decorating/staging, mortgage companies, title companies and lawyers will answer all your questions.
Here’s all you need to know:
Date: Saturday, March 5
Location: Wyndham Hotel (Andover, MA)
Time: 11:00 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Please bring your friends, families and clients. We look forward to having you meet our family!
#cocoearly #cocoearlyhomeshow #merrimackvalley #southernnh
A few years back, a very wise real estate agent said, “Selling your home in the winter is actually a great idea!”
My husband and I were just as hesitant as the next family, but very quickly, we came to the conclusion that yes it was, in fact, a great time. This fact couldn’t be truer today.
Sure there was snow to be shoveled and floors to be cleaned – but how is that any different than any other time of year? If it isn’t snow, it is mulch. If it isn’t sand, it is mud!
The other reality is that there really aren’t many people buying into this idea of selling now. SO – are you ready for this? Those who are anxious to buy a new home or HAVE to buy one have very few to look at! Inventory of homes on the market during the winter months is typically very low, which means lower competition for those selling. Why not have yours get on the market now before the constant flow of homes come onto the market in the spring?
Here are five simple tips on how to make your home stand out on these cold winter days:
- Clean out the leaves! Curb appeal is important even in the winter. Sure, it may not have seemed like a fun task a few months back, but now getting rid of those will make a big difference. It shows you care. If the weather allows, make sure those piles of leaves around your home are cleared out and an easy entrance can be made to your home.
- Wipe down the front door and the window trim. Make sure the white shines bright among the dirt of winter.
- Make your front door stand out. Something tasteful and simple. Just make sure your entry way is welcoming to all who enter.
- Turn on the heat and light a fire if you can. Make sure it’s warm and cozy for your visitors. Nothing beats the glow of a fire on a cold, winter day.
- Keep your floors clean. Provide slippers if you can so that your guests don’t trace dirt and debris in for the next guests to see.
Most important, remember it’s your home. You want those walking through to embrace its benefits just as you do. Highlight them however you can and it will shine among those that dare to sell this winter!
Donna Mahoney, relocation services director/Coco, Early & Associates; Pam Chute, vice president at Leading Real Estate Companies of the World; Linda Early and Blaise Coco, broker/owners of Coco, Early & Associates.
Methuen, MA ~ Pam Chute, vice president at Leading Real Estate Companies of the World, headquartered in Chicago, IL, recently attended the monthly Coco, Early & Associates company-wide meeting. She made the special trip in order to personally recognize Coco, Early & Associates as an extraordinary leader in global relocation. Coco, Early & Associates has grown tremendously with increased global sales up 25% in 2015. The Network’s average during that same time was up 7%.
As a member of Leading RE, Coco, Early & Associates’ network is comprised of the very best locally and regionally-branded real estate professionals with access to 500 firms, 3,500 offices and 120,000 agents in 50 countries, across six continents! Coco, Early & Associates’ agents can assist you anywhere in the world. For more information, please visit our website at www.cocoearly.com/ and click on Relocation.
We are very fortunate to live in the area that we do, aren’t we? Whether there is sun, rain, sleet or snow — there is quite a bit to do! We are close to the beach in the summer and the mountains in the winter — but what do when there hasn’t been too much snow and New Year’s Day is near? Never fear — First Hikes are here!
That’s right — with minimal snow, some of NH’s finest state parks are offering guests a First Hike! So, while Mother Nature may have a little white stuff in store for us this week, check out another fun option for you and your family.
Click here for NH State Parks First Hikes
No matter what you do, be sure to start your New Year off healthy and with those you love!
A healthy and happy 2016 to all our families, clients and friends!