With the sun shining and the lazy days of summer upon us (and sadly nearing all too quickly), the thoughts of being able to pop into your own vacation home anytime you like is VERY appealing, right? While the market may seem just about right for you to take the plunge, there are just five things to consider before you jump in to that decision.
- Get pre-approved. It sure seems obvious, but this is just a gentle reminder. It would be horrible to find that perfect home and still have to go through all the paperwork to make a final deal.
- Find the perfect location. While the secluded beach and waves are perfect for you, if you intend to rent out the property make sure the area is appealing to a majority of people. Know the culture of the area, the community and what the area offers for amenities.
- Once you find it, stay there for a few weeks and see if you still love it. It’s one thing to enjoy a special place for one week at a time, but what’s your feeling when you’re there for two or three weeks, even a month? Find a rental property in the area before making your final decision and make sure it is a home and an area where you’d like to stay for an extended period of time.
- Know your budget. There’s nothing worse than finding a home where you love and suddenly getting in over your head. The point is to find a home where you can relax and enjoy. If you start in over your head, you’ll never enjoy your peace and quiet time there.
- Avoid on the spot decisions. Even if you think you have found love at first sight, at least sleep on it for one night. Don’t jump too quick. Make sure you have those same feelings in the morning too. If so, go for it!
Throughout this entire process, having a reliable and educated real estate agent by your side can ensure you find your vacation home within your budget, in the perfect location and give you the peace of mind of to enjoy it for many years to come!
To see many options for your home, second home and vacation homes, visit www.cocoearly.com today!